2019 Activities will be published soon.
Have a look at the Green Vinyl Proof of Concept Demonstration
during the MEDIA-TECH World of Physical Media Conference 2018
MEDIA-TECH European Vinyl Workgroup Meeting
Monday, June 4, 2018
2:00 pm „European Vinyl Working Group Meeting“
Moderator: Bryan Ekus & Michael Hosp, Media-Tech Association
(No additional registration required)
The MEDIA-TECH Vinyl Workgroup seeks to provide members of the vinyl industry and press a single point resource for a glossary of vinyl and vinyl information sourcing and manufacturing. You can meet Cargo Records, Colonial Purchasing Europe, Deeptrax Records, Discogs, Green Vinyl Project, GZ, MPO, Optimal, R.a.n.d.muzik Record Manufacturing, Record industry, Record Store Day France, Record Store Day Netherlands, Record Store Day UK, Rebeat Innovation, Solvisible, Symcon, Unbreakmyheart and many more!
2:00 pm: Welcome Coffee
2:15 pm: Welcome and Introduction
Michael Hosp, kdg Austria, Bryan Ekus, Colonial Purchasing Co-Op
2:30 pm: Mastering for Vinyl
Rinus Hooning, Record Industry
2:45 pm: Welcome & Introduction to the Green Vinyl Project
Harm Theunisse, Symcon Group
2:50 pm: Measurement / Quality Control on Vinyl – Setting the Standards
Fontys University – Student Presentations
- Material and the record: testing material properties via rheology, mechanical testing and microscopy.
- QC measurement: measurement of harmonic distortion, IMD, SNR, noise floor.
Tom Reuvers & Dominique Nouws
- Channel separation: as a function of the position of the head shell
Jaimie van Soerland & Michael Burgmans
- Optical inspection: searching for defects on record and/or stamper
Jade Heino & Vera Schroën
3:50 pm: Vinyl by The Numbers – Retail Update
Moderator: Sabine Schmidt, Unbreakmyheart
- Megan Page, Record Store Day, UK
- Esther Vollebregt, Record Store Day, Netherlands
- Pascal Bussy, Record Store Day, France
- Claire Pace, Discogs Europe